Monday, October 22, 2012

Ignore the Mess!

I am working on moving a few things around and changing up my blog...I am new at all this so it may take some time (plus I have a 3mo old at home so really I have no time lol). If anyone can offer advice on how to move my previous posts to seperate pages I would greatly appreciate it!! I am having a heck of a time understand all this HTML jibberish :)

Ok so while I am working on that, I will go ahead and add my post for Austin!!

Austin = 3mo old!


not the "best" pic but the funniest!

Life in General:

Life is finally getting to a new normal.  I have been back to work for about a month and a half and things are going well, besides the whole productivity thing.  Really how can they expect complete concentration when the only time you have to get anything done is at work? I find my mind seemlessly wondering about every 10-15 minutes, even more when our system is slow, and by the end of the day I am husseling to get my work done before I leave. I think over time and really once wedding planning is over with, I will regain some of my productivity but for now it is what it is!

On top of the work fun, things at home are going pretty well.  He is sleeping 10-12hrs every night and besides the whole switching formula's to figure out which kind works for him, he is a fairly good and happy baby!  He loves his playmat and is really starting to grab at things hanging (especially his hippo!).  He also lights up everytime I put him down and turn his kitty on. He could seriously lay there content for a good 30 min, which is awesome for my home productivity as I can use that time for cleaning, laundry, the occasional shower (haha just kidding I do shower people I promise) & other things around the house. The neighbors at this point probably assume I am nuts as I literally RUN around the house doing 5 million things anytime I can put him down and keep him content for any period of time!

I will say the past month has been and will continue to be crazy.  Austin went on his first plane ride to Pittsburgh and got to meet his crazy family!  He also picked up a few "Steelers" items while there hehe (daddy wasnt too happy about that) but overall he did great on the plane and going through Security was not nearly as bad as I had expected.  In fact people were extra nice to me and I even got a fabulous piece of advise from a TSA agent that got me through the line much faster!  On top of that we did the Pumpkin Farm, we have 2 ECU games coming up (Austin will not be joining he will be at Nana's), Wedding Dress shopping, Engagement Pictures, Boone, Christmas/Christmas Shopping aahhh soo much to do and so little time!

So Handsome : All Dressed up for the wedding!



Wedding Planning:


Speaking of wedding planning, things are going, I am getting ideas for our planner on to pinterest and we are off to go dress shopping on Thursday!  I am excited in some ways but not so much in others, in other words I haven't lost nearly as much weight as I had planned by now, so I am not sure how much I am going to like myself in the dresses, but have concluded that I will imagine myself skinnier!  In the way of weight loss and working out I am doing fairly well.  I have changed my diet to not include fast food (although well its real life people and I occasionally cheat) and I have also put myself on a strict water diet.  Every morning I have a bowl of yummy plain oatmeal with a sprinkling of natural dark brown sugar, for snacks I do fruit and a cliff bar and then for dinner we have been doing a lot of chicken and vegetables! I am lucky in that Kyle gets inspired to cook healthy and all natural working at Whole Foods, it helps keep me in check even if I fall off the wagon at work.

Craft Projects:

Seeing as its now October and almost Halloween I have started a couple craft projects, one being of course carving pumpkins! I will be sure to upload the pics when I am done but I have a great idea for the 3 we got yesterday at the pumpkin patch (see photo's below of our trip).  My other project involves some chinet cut glass cups, spraypaint & black acrylic paint.  I have so far gotten the cups spraypainted white and will soon be adding eyes and a mouth for my "ghost cups" to line our walkway for the trick or treaters! I got the idea from Chinets website and everything total only cost me under $6 to make 6. Three more would only cost me $1 more (for the led tea lights) so overall not a bad project and they can be reused next year!

Final product (from the Chinet website)..I will be sure to post how mine turn out once I am done!

Survey Says:

Age: 3 months & 1 day



Height/Weight : at his 2 mo appt he was up to 22.5 inches & 11lbs 7oz.  I measure him a few days ago and he was 23 inches and I would say about 12.5-13lbs (I need to weigh him)




Dr Appts : no more appts till 4mo! he did great with his 2mo shots so I hope for the same outcome with these as well




Changes : he loves to grab for objects now and really tries hard to keep a hold of them. more independent play aka I can leave him on his mat and he keeps himself entertained.  he laughs and smiles. can almost hold his head up with no bobbling




Sleeping: goes down between 7&8pm and sleeps until about 7am! (except the days I have to wake him up to take him to grandma's)




Accomplishments : laughings, smiling at faces he knows, turns head towards voices he knows, startles at loud sounds, grabs for objects, found his thumb! lol




Eyes : still lighter, looks like they'll be blue/grey like his daddy




Hope you enjoyed, like I said hopefully here soon this will be a bit more organized!

~Nicole~





1 comment: