Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Belated Independence Day!

Happy 4th Everyone (1 day late)! 


I completely meant to do this yesterday but well things got crazy and it didnt happen so today, while the boss is away I will blog! :)

Well, no firecracker baby for me (thank god), not like I dont want him here, because I so desperately do, but to be honest sharing your Birthday with a holiday just never sounds very pleasant to me.  Yes he would have fireworks on his Birthday every year and have off of work and all that but well the one person I know whose Birthdy is July 4th told me he always hated it, so I was really hoping he would wait.

Now that we are past the fun of a holiday he can come anyday.  I am completely miserable.  Yup you heard it, I am OVER being pregnant. I am tired of being sore, tired, swollen, not being able to sleep/get comfy enough to sleep, peeing 5x/night & nothing fitting! I am tired of people constantly asking me, "how are you doing", "oh you're still working/here", "you look ready to pop, are you ready" ugggh to answer these for you....I am miserable & 9 months pregnant, nothing fits anymore (even maternity clothes & dont even talk to me about bra's, talk about a death grip vice on your boobs), yes I am still working, unlike most countries we dont get paid maternity leave from the government and I only get 6 weeks, of those I would like to spend most with my newborn son so we can bond, yes I am a balloon and am going to "pop" when the baby comes out...seriously?  Maybe its the hormones talking but I am so over hearing that phrase!  I much prefer you look ready to unload, which my parents friend Joel so kindly said yesterday, it makes much more sense to me than popping!

So lets get down to business, or lack thereof I should say.  Nothing is going on besides cooking this child and relaxing at any point that I can, oh yea and weekly appointments!  Who doesn't love going to the Dr weekly and getting hit up for more $$ each time? (yea total sarcasm there).  I am praying they give me some good news progress wise tomorrow as the past 2 haven't really been much besides a slight cervix softening....I am hoping for some dialation at least tomorrow considering the pains I have been having! So yea keep your fingers crossed for me!

Alright on to the weekly letter!




Dear Little Man,
So we hit the milestone 37 weeks this past Friday woo Full Term!  You are now very large and in charge and mommy is exhausted, sore, tired, swollen and ready for your to make your grand entrance.  According to the bump (my bible) you are now the size of a Wintermelon and as of tomorrow (38 weeks) will be a Watermelon...yup the famous July fruit, which by the way is quite large consdering my tiny frame!  In other news you are still moving and grooving but glad to say as of my last appointment you have cooperated and are now head down and have your butt to my front which means ready to go for delivery! Now just dont flip or rotate and we'll both be happy campers when you decide to come. 
In regards to that crazy kid that keeps telling yout come out and play, thats your cousin Collin.  He is quite ready for your to come out, though since he's only 3 doesn't quite realize you wont be "playing" for a little while.  I am excited for you two to meet and know you will be close cousins.
Well at this point thats all I got for you this week kid, just ready to meet you and see your sweet face!  So anytime you are ready, mommy and daddy and the rest of the world are ready as well.  You have so many people that love you and will be there for you and I cannot wait for you to meet them...I apologize in advance for the crazy amount of people that are going to be visiting you after birth, it may get a little nuts, but know its ok to sleep through all of it ;).

Love you always,
Mommy










Survey Says!


How Far Along : 37 weeks, 6 days


Produce Size Comparison : Wintermelon (Watermelon as of tomorrow)


Symptoms : killer heartburn (so ready to get that done with), pain when I walk, spreading pelvic bone, swelling in my feet & sometimes my hands, BH's are getting painful and stronger, sciatic pain in my left side


Cravings/Aversions : nothing craving, aversion to everything, it all gives me heartburn (even water!)



Weight Gain/Loss : around 30-32lbs



Next Appt : Friday 7/6 : hoping for some progress this week!


Sex : Little Man!


Stretch Marks/Linea Nigra : seems like the stretch marks are multiplying...luckily they are where I cannot see them (below the belly button) and I only check em out in the mirror.  Linea Nigra is still there and the whole way up the belly


Maternity Clothes : done! still done, not buying anymore (now if someone could tell my coworker that who doesnt seem to remember my 3 piece wardrobe and asks me daily if what I am wearing is new, that would be great...)



Baby Related Purchases? : Did some shopping Sunday with my mom, who so graciously got us an extra crib sheet, changing pad cover, baby book and some prefold cloth diapers for burp cloth purposes :)

Movement? : lots of bumping and pushing and moving around


Bellybutton? : in, getting flat but no signs of popping



Whats Baby Doing this Week?:  We'll do 37 & 38 weeks (next week may be a repeat but since I am closer to 38 this week I'll throw that in there too)

      37 Weeks : Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)


Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.


   38 Weeks : Your baby has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and he's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.


Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after he's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment