Sunday, March 25, 2012

Birthdays & Fun in the Sun!

Phew so its been a quick, but busy week. I am officially at 23 weeks as of Friday so in my 24th week of pregnancy!
I just wanted to start off saying Congrats to one of my good friends Chris and his wife on the birth of their little man March 22nd, he is such a cutie with a head full of hair! So excited our little man will already have a friend only a couple months older than him!

Alright so this week was, on top of it being a "birth" day for one of my friends, another one of my best friends birthdays on March 22nd so again Happy Birthday Minta! and also an early Happy Birthday to my bestie Sheila who has her 25th tomorrow on the 26th! Lots of Birthdays this week/month! With that we had a great time yesterday celebrating Sheila's "quarter century" birthday by heading down to Carolina Beach for Wing Fling.  Now I couldn't partake in the festivities of drinking, but did get to taste some wings from a few local places!  It was also just a good time hanging out with KB and friends, although we all got burnt (some more than others...lol), but thats what happens when you forgo the sunscreen b/c the weather forecast said 70% chance of rain/cloudy ALL DAY.  Needless to say it rained once for 5-10 minutes and was sunny the rest of the day, good job meteorologists good job! *sigh*

So to switch things up, I have been finazling everything for the house this week and getting everything ready for closing on the 19th.  Hoping everything goes smoothly and we dont have any hiccups between now and then.  I have also been looking on Pinterest more and more lately getting ideas for the house and little projects we can do before little man gets here.  His nursery is absolutely the #1 focus, but considering all the free time I have at nights (if I am not exhausted) and the weekends, I would love to do some DIY projects again and get those up here to show as well.  So far I have a few planned that I can do on my own including a chalkboard wall/entryway area that will be in our mudroom/laundry room and also a few fabric projects including a book shelf for little mans room.  I had originally planned on making sheets and a changing pad cover for his room but the fabric I wanted off of Etsy the seller jipped me and sold to someone else...uuggh Figures right? Well I did find some cute crib sheets online that will match great in his room that I am registered for and will hopefully find a changing pad cover as well.  If not I am hoping to plan a trip down to a HUGE fabric store soon after we move in & maybe I can find something there!

In other news packing has begun and really its amazing how many stupid little things you have and really things you can get rid of!  I have been taking my time really going through everything and I think so far I have thrown out about 2 large bags of clothes, papers, and other items I was holding on to for no reason whatsoever & man does it feel good to purge. I just don't understand these people and their hoarding and how in the world they want to keep trash and other things you just dont need! I would much rather live with the less is more theory than have to walk over things every day.

A new segment I am going to add in this week will be more for me and little man later just as a fun thing to read but also for everyone now to see how my pregnancy is progressing.  I am calling it Dear Little Man (since we are not giving out his name) and it will comprise of just a short paragraph detailing how things have been going this past week and what he is up to.  I feel like its a good way for me to have a record of things going on in a way that when I read it back later will be like a little letter to him, saved for later when he can understand :)
So here we go....also will have my weekly pics and survey afterwards <3

Dear Little Man,
So you have decided this week to become a ninja of sorts.  The good part is you are only active during the day, mostly after I eat, (which is quite often since you seem to take all my food the minute I eat it and keep it all for yourself) so luckily I haven't been woken up yet to you kicking me in the middle of the night.  I want to let you know now, you need to stay on this schedule so that mommy can sleep after you are born!  I do want to ask though that you please stop kicking that little sack that holds mommies pee, that is her bladder and you make her have to go very badly when you decide to use it as a kicking/punching bag.  I love seeing you move around in there though, it has been mesmerising to me lately to sit and lay on the couch and just watch my stomach move and jump and become very lumpy as you move and kick, your daddy is quite intrigued as well....when he is here and I tell him to watch that is :).  He also loves feeling you kick so you can keep doing that right before bed and when he's home.  Now, you just need to do it for your future Aunt Sheila, she is very excited to meet you and would love to feel you from the outside.  It wouldve been a good early birthday present for her yesterday while we were at the beach celebrating, but I understand mommy was walking all day and you were mostly lulled to sleep by the constant movement.  I must say though it was very loud and lots of music so I think you are going to be a good sleeper, even when daddys being noisy playing his video games!  Overall besides the whole bladder kicking thing and the constant heartburn you have been giving me I will say you have been pretty easy on me so keep it up little man and I think we will be good friends once you are evicted from my belly in a few short months.

Love always,
~Mommy <3





Survey Says:

How Far Along : 23 weeks, 2 days


Produce Size Comparison : We are at pomegranite status!

Symptoms : um heartburn heartburn and heartburn ugggh it woke me up one night its been so bad, on top of that my feet are starting to hurt when standing too long and leg pain if I walk too much :(

Cravings/Aversions : none this week / anything that will cause more heartburn!

Weight Gain/Loss : about 11lbs


Next Appt : April 9th

Sex : Boy!


Stretch Marks : still have 0! hoping the palmers and my awesome skin elasticity will help!

Maternity Clothes : just got back from a shopping trip with my mom! unforunately most stores had VERY tiny sections with few clothes so I only ended up with 2 bra's (def needed), a dress for work or play, black capri's and 2 shirts that are versatile for day to night type wear. thanks mom! <3 you

Baby Related Purchases? : nothing this week


Movement? : kicking like crazy, movement is def more around my bellybutton now and sometimes he kicks HARD! can now really see my belly move if I lay down for a bit which is really cool

Whats Baby Doing this Week : Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With his sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that he's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about the size of a pomegranite), you may be able to see him squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing his for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb.


No comments:

Post a Comment