Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Getting Lazy..Must Mean 3rd Tri is Coming :)

Hey everyone! I know I know I am so behind...like a whole 4 days behind, but give me a break eh :).  So things have been incredibly busy lately getting ready for the move, trying to find a wedding venue, ugh still havent sent out 2 of my "will you be my bridesmaid" gifts and on top of all that I have a growing human life (24 weeks as of last Friday!) inside of me that insists on sucking the life out of me half the time...not that I am complaining!

The Wedding:
So I have sort of kicked my butt into gear lately with the wedding venue stuff as I know you should have a venue set and a deposit down about a year before (if you have that much time that is) the actual date.  We are planning on a June 1st, 2013 wedding date so I am a couple months shy of that and knowing how bad my laziness is now I know I have to get this done or its not going to happen before Litte Man gets here.  Luckily there was 1 place on the tour my mom and I took a couple months ago that I fell in love with and after getting some more detailed information from them last night and talking to KB about it I think we are decided.  I hate picking out a place without him seeing it but he seemed ok with the idea after seeing pics and myself describing it.  I would love to take him down there but right now with everything else going on, and I am talking a lot here people (moving, packing, unpacking, babys room, new furniture, friends wedding, baby shower, visiting new babies, birthing classes), we just dont have the time to drive down there to see it and back before I am too big to want to walk around!  So once we get the A-Ok from the parentals I think its going to be a go! (also for any of you that are going to be coming to the wedding I will be setting up a "wedsite" once we get the details all sorted out that will give you all the information you need, the site will be on our save the dates that should go out this fall :)..)  For now I am going to post a few inspiration photo's for what I am thinking for the wedding! Hope you enjoy...











The House:
Ok so on to the home front!  Everything so far is going pretty smoothly! I had a few bumps with the loan processor and sort of had to jump her butt into gear lol b/c I want to know that my loan is going to be funded and good to go BEFORE we get to the closing table.  I have enough on my plate right now to have to stress about that as well.  I know we are good to go everywhere else as the insurance is good, the down payment is available, the earnest money has been paid, ect ect ect.  I am so ready to get into this place and start decorating and getting little mans room set up (I think it will be more real not only to me but to KB as well once this happens!).  I am excited to be able to put my touch on things (although most of that will come later as baby and wedding will be my priority for the next year +) and be able to do things I haven't been able to with renting, including planting a few flowers!

The Baby! :

Alright now onto the reason you all probably read this whole blog I put together...haha Little Man!  So nothing new really between this week and last week.  I feel like I am past the growth spurt phase and now am just slowly growing every now and then.  I dont feel really that my belly is any bigger this week than last but I will of course post my pic just to let you all be the judge!  The picture is a little old, I took it last week but I will make sure to post/update with a new picture on Friday (back on my regularly scheduled schedule hehe). First though I am going to start out with my newest segment....

Dear Little Man,
I just want to start out by saying that your daddy is absolutely loving all of your visable outside movements and asks me on a daily basis when you start moving so he can feel! Now lately you have been going crazy all day while I am at work then by the time I get home you are fast asleep so he can't feel.  You have got to stop that, mommy has to work during the day and all that movement is quite distracting (although I love every minute of it)!  Just make sure you leave a few kicks and jabs for later in the afternoon/evening when you daddy can feel it too!  I also wanted to tell you that whatever you are doing in there when mommy is sleeping is NOT helping her heartburn! Twice now you have woken me up with acid in my throat and mouth (gross I know) and its painful and it makes everything taste very blah for the entire next day.  I know I should probably lay off some of the spicy foods (like last nights chili) but they are quite yummy and I know you enjoy them too as you were kicking up a storm afterwards!  If you want to continue eating those kinds of foods you are going to have to stop with the heartburn :). 
I know you don't understand any of this yet either but this past Friday you turned 24 weeks! I was so excited to hit that milestone as that gives you a fighting chance should the unthinkable happen and you have to stop baking in me early.  It really took a load off my chest knowing that you could possibly survive and I wouldn't have to lose you in a very bad situation, so thank you for that! Now just keep on cooking for at least another 14 weeks and I will be happy to see you then!

Love always,
~Mommy

This is a couple days shy of 24 weeks, but close enough :)



Survey Says:

How Far Along : 24 weeks, 4 days

Produce Size Comparison : He's a Grapefruit! yumm


Symptoms : heartburn still, RLP (round ligament pain), pain on the insides of my thighs

Cravings/Aversions : back to milkshakes & now fruit (I have some yummy nectarines this week I am chowing down on) / at this moment : spicy foods as the heartburn that woke me up last night is making me not want to eat ANYTHING spicy


Weight Gain/Loss : I am actually -1lb this week so back to +10 total


Next Appt : April 9th


Sex : Still All Boy!


Stretch Marks : holding strong at 0 :)


Maternity Clothes : my wonderful future mother in law sent me some shorts and shirts from ON yesterday! I was so excited to get something in the mail :)  I could not be any more thankful to have not only my wonderful mother in my life, but also my future mother as well <3 you!


Baby Related Purchases? : nope! I refuse until we move (I know I said that before but I am holding strong now)


Movement? : still lots during the day while I am sitting at work, he is getting into moving more at night while I am sleeping as well but not enough to wake me up (luckily) I only notice it when I get up to pee and when I am going back to sleep I feel him wiggling around

Bellybutton? : still an innie although getting shallower, still rocking the piercing and its not bothering me one bit! Hoping it lasts and I dont have to order the preggo ones from online :) KB and I have a bet going as he thinks its going to be an outtie and I think its going to stay put! I guess we'll see..... hehe

Whats Baby Doing this Week : Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. Grow baby grow!

Have a great week! See you back here Friday! (hopefully lol)

~Nicole~

No comments:

Post a Comment