Friday, April 13, 2012

Counting Down to Closing!!

Holy cow I am on time this week!! :).  Mainly because I am being completely lazy at work today and I would much rather sit here and type this than do actual work...just dont tell my boss lol.

So as the post states we are t-minus 6 days to closing!! This will be my last post before we are homeowners and I could not be more excited.  As my brother stated this past weekend, I am dying to "nest" and have things set up and done.  Its honestly driving me crazy not being able to buy anything, set things up, get them how I want ect.  I have gift cards from Birthdays and Christmas just hanging out burning a hole to be spent! I am excited to BBQ's on the decks, hanging out with friends and even things that some people consider chores such as painting and planting flowers outside!

Ok so onward ho and back to my normal posting sections :)

Home Front:

Well this will be short and sweet.  We are closing in 6 days *fingers crossed*.  As of right now everything is ready to go, I am still waiting on the thumbs up from my processor and its driving me CRAZY! On top of that my processor will be out of town as of today and until next Friday so I am stuck with someone else...thsi will be the 3rd person now as she was out before for a funeral and I had to work with her boss (not bad but annoying still).  Only hiccup so far is apparently Wells is strict about septic repairs.  We had a few cracks come up on the inpsection and they were almost immediately fixed by the seller by the same guy who did the inspection, mind you this was weeks ago.  Well Wells is being a hassle and wanting a letter from the septic guy, the first email from my process (while she was still around) was, "here is an example of what the letter needs to state word for word, on the company's letterhead and signed and dated by the person who did the repairs." Ok no big deal, my realtor sent that right over to her.  Well then she decided to add it also needs to state the cracks were fixed, this was NOT included in the original email she sent.  So my realtor had to go back to the inspector/septic guy and get him to get us another letter.  Hopefully thats it for the hiccups and we can move on and get final approval that they are indeed going to fund this loan.  It would be a HUGE weight off my back just to get that information!

Wedding Front:

Nothing new to report here.  We are contemplating a visit down to Beaufort to visit a place I am in love with and hopefully put down a deposit but besides that my focus has been packing packing and umm more packing for the afformentioned move coming up!

Baby Front:

Whoa nelly, someone needs to tell this kid that his ninja skills are already well in place and there is absolutely no need to kick me as hard as he has been.  This week, besides his crazy movements & kicks has been pretty relaxed.  I am starting to get more and more uncomfortable with sleeping and getting in and out of bed (KB needs to realize this! lol) but overall I still cannot complain. 



Dear Little Man,
Wow! You are already 26 weeks!  My how the time is flying by.  Its amazing how much you grow each week and even more so to think you are a tiny person in there now and if born you would look human, even with a little fat on you now!  I cannot believe I am 6 days shy of the 3rd trimester and just 14 short weeks away from meeting you (if you come as expected on July 20th).  This week you have been a crazy man in there, not much growth (that I can notice from the outside at least) but you sure have been working hard on moving around often and kicking hard!  You actually freaked out your daddy last night when you kicked really hard and then moved around. He then decided it was too weird for him and didn't want to feel anymore (for a few minutes at least, mommy talked him into putting his hand back once you calmed down and the kicks were a bit softer!).  I absolutely love the new movements and am glad you have not gotten to kicking my ribs yet, but sometimes you are just wild in there!  I think it was because you quite enjoyed your sub from JJ's last night (ssshh we arent "supposed" to have cold deli meat, but I figure we deserve a little treat every now and then. 
On another note we had a Dr's appt Monday afternoon and you were a trip.  The Dr had to move the doppler around quite a bit to get your heartbeat which as usual was high (you just keep proving those Old Wives wrong!) and asked me about your movement in which I replied, he's a crazy man in there most days!" Because really you are!  On top of that we got our first fundal height measurement and as with everything else this pregnancy you are measuring right on track!  I am glad though because mommy does not want a big baby.  You are more than welcome to grow big and tall like daddy but just stay small inside of mommy for now, she isn't a big women :). I am already excited to see you & know you will be just as handsome as your daddy, although he doesn't believe me, but we'll just say its mother intuition and leave it at that!

Love Always,
Mommy



Survey Says:


How Far Along : 26 weeks


Produce Size Comparison : Lettuce Head


Symptoms : hearburn (though it has gone down, thank god!), RLP, uncomfy Braxton Hicks, back pain at work (and only at work...stupid desk job, lol)



Cravings/Aversions :  Strawberries! I already love when they come in season but I may or may not have had 2lbs already this week.  No aversions, still trying to stay away from anything that will bring the heartburn back in full force.


Weight Gain/Loss : as per the drs office weight Monday I am up 16lbs total (my goal is to stay around 25...we'll see!)


Next Appt :  May 7th, and the dreaded Glucose Test aahhhhh!


Sex : Boy oh Boy


Stretch Marks/Linea Nigra : nope! / I have a faint line now going from my belly button down :( boooo lol



Maternity Clothes : bought a pair of shorts with my ON bucks and also bought a new bikini to fit my new larger sized girls up top!



Baby Related Purchases? : still holding strong...only 6 more dayss eeek!


Movement? : TONS!! especially at work during the day at when I lay down in the evening.  I feel like he either moved out of breech position into transverse or is just constantly moving as the harder kicks are more directed at my side than down near my bladder, although I still get a few down there.


Bellybutton? : stil an innie, no real change and the ring is still in & comfy!



Whats Baby Doing this Week : The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. His testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.



Well thats all for this week, thanks for reading :)

~Nicole~

No comments:

Post a Comment