Monday, June 4, 2012

Time is slowing down!

So lately I have been attempting to be really good about doing these one time (yea its Monday so I am a few days off) but hey its better late than never right?

This past week really hasn't been all that exciting.  I guess Ill break it down by category of life (aka house, wedding, baby, just to make it easier to read).

House

Really nothing new going on in regards to the house.  KB plans on staining our back deck today (hopefully) but everything else is on hold until later as Little Man is 1st priority then it will be wedding planning!  See baby information for updates on the nursery ;)

Wedding

So my parents and I headed to Beaufort yesterday (gorgeous day to go out there btw) to meet with the wedding coordinator for our venue of choice for the ceremony and reception.  After stopping by the venue early and checking out all the new additions they had made we decided to head to the downtown waterfront area of Beaufort to see the sights and hopefully find some hotels/motels/inns for the wedding party/guests to stay at. We came out finding an adorable Inn right on the waterfront with huge rooms that would be perfect! We spoke to the lady at the front desk who gave us all the information and said they can do room blocks for us as well. 
After there we decided to grab some lunch.  We ate at this cute little restaurant on the waterfront outside and watched 2 guys clean this HUGE yacht!  Afterwards we headed back to The Boathouse (our venue) where we met with the wedding coordinator. 
Now I had my heart set on June 1st since we got engaged, no special reason other than the fact that its a month before our "dating anniversary" of July 1st and it would be easy for him to remember.  Well we were a weekend late, and the reception room or Marlin Club as they call it, was already booked for June 1st by a couple last weekend.  So after reviewing my calendar, I decided that really it was a blessing in disguise as June 1st is the weekend after memorial day weekend and most people would be blah to travel 2 weekends in a row, so without further ado......we are OFFICIALLY booked for our location & getting married June 8th, 2013 at The Boathouse @ Front Street Village in Beaufort NC :). (save the dates will be coming at some point, probably this fall).
So on the wedding front things are done for now (phew) until after Little Man comes and I get this weight off so I can go dress shopping!! woo

Baby Update

Ok so the nursery is "almost" done!  I headed to Lowes over the weekend and got blinds for KB to put up, and drop cloths to DIY some curtains (tutorial on it once I am finished).  I am still deciding if I want to just use the drop cloths by themselves (the canvas color works well with the nautical theme) or if I want to paint stripes on them in the color of his room, so we shall see.  In regards to everything else I just need to hang up 3 more things on the wall and it will be done! YAY! 

In regards to having things ready, we are still not 100% prepared.  In other words we still dont have a tub, any cloth diapers (we wont be using until probably 1 mo old at least), baby carrier and I haven't washed any clothes, sheets, changing covers, blankets, and we havent installed the carseat base in my car....*sigh*.  I am waiting on buying anything else as I am being told there will be a work shower for me and I want to make sure I leave them something to get little man lol.

Now I guess we will head on to the normal baby stuff....

Dear Little Man,
So 33 weeks, you are the size of a Durian Fruit!! (most people have no idea what this is so if you are not sure, google is your friend!) From what your daddy has told me its a very stinky fruit and the taste isn't much better, so I dont think I will be attempting to eat this one!  For being the size you are, you are still moving a LOT in there and its quite uncomfy as my stomach is only so large.  You push and squirm and rotate and to be honest I still have no clue what position you are laying in half the time.  It feels like you are doing flips in there between being transverse and being head down.  I am fine with this for now as long as you know you must be head down in the next couple of weeks, or we are going to have issues!  Mommy does NOT want to have a C-section so just be aware you have room now, but you still have a lot of growing to do so make sure you are where you need to be before you run out of space. 
Anywho your room is almost done and I am excited to bring you home to see it.  I still need to figure out what outfit I want to bring you home in.  You received so many cute things at the shower and of course I bought you a few more while out and about, as did Aunt Sheila, its a tough decision!
Well I think I am done for now, just remember to stop pushing so hard on that casing that is keeping you safe, its quite uncomfy for mommy right now and oh the bladder pressure, not fun! The whole getting up to pee every 5 minutes is hell on my production at work haha.
Keep cooking and we will see you soon!

Love always,
Mommy



2 days shy of 33 weeks


pic from maternity shoot, seems to be the "fan favorite" on FB


personally this one is my fav so far! cannot wait to see them all this week

Survey Says:

How Far Along : 33 weeks, 3 days

Produce Size Comparison : Durian Fruit


Symptoms : Heartburn, peeing a LOT, swelling (feet and hands, only when in the heat or standing/sitting for long periods), cannot get comfy to sleep anymore


Cravings/Aversions : Smoothies, Ice Cream n Milk / No Aversions

Weight Gain/Loss : 154 this morning and have an appt this afternoon so we'll see.  For now lets say +25lbs

Next Appt : June 4th, aka today


Sex : Boy Boy Boy


Stretch Marks/Linea Nigra : same as last week, holding clear on the stretch marks but that line is running its way up my belly!


Maternity Clothes : no more! I refuse although my shirts are now becomming too short...guess its dresses from here on out!


Baby Related Purchases? : broke down and went to Buy Buy Baby, bought the snuggler insert for his head for the carseat and also a diaper bag I had been eyeing!


Movement? : lots of pushing and moving and flipping


Bellybutton? : getting more shallow but still an innie!


Whats Baby Doing this Week : This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment