Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Locks of Love

So on a whim Saturday, I decided I would go in and see about cutting my hair off for Locks of Love.

Back Story: Ok so about 2.5 years ago, after the last time I cut my hair, I decided that the next time I grew it out that I would make sure to grow it long enough so that I could donate it to Locks of Love. See my cousin has donated to them before (her hair grows a million time faster than mine) and I like the idea of my hair being used to help a child as opposed to going in the trash!

Ok, so Saturday afternoon I went to Mitchell's and had a wonderful stylist! He was very supportive of me cutting my hair and helped to edge me along in the process, although he was NEVER pushy.  I was nervous as first, but decided that it was time. So after much reassurance from him that it wouldn't be too short, I told him to go ahead and lets do it!

So for the process he had to split my hair into three sections, one on each side and then one in the back.  Afterwards he asked me one more time if I was sure and like a brave person I said lets do it (yea I had complete fear in my eyes..lol). So there it went and he sat it on the table in front of me, ahh it was weird.  After that it was pure bliss! Got a nice shampoo and condition rub down, then I let him use his skills and cut my hair to what he thought would work best for me, which by the way I love as I can do so much with it now! Don't get me wrong I loved having my hair long, but really there are only so many things you can do with long hair, plus it feels soo much healthier now.

Ok so here is my pic of it cut, sorry if its bad, it was taken with a cell phone :)

Work Pic :)
So thats my Locks of Love story, I have the hair at home in a baggy just have to run by Wally World today to grab a padded envelope then its off to Florida to be made into a wig!

Hopefully tomorrow, Wednesday I will be posting a new cupcake recipe.  It is one of my coworkers bday's today (she took the day off today..lucky!), so I want to make some tonight for her arrival back to work tomorrow.  Since I have my energy mostly back I want to try and make every Wednesday, Hump Day/Cupcake Day! So be on the lookout for that as well.


 
Baby Update : my next appointment is February 14th, which is...Valentines Day! What a great day to find out such great news right, oh yea we & are finding out the sex!! We are super excited to find out and I will be sure to update once we do although we are keeping the name hush hush until the baby is born!  Also I will continue to update my weekly bump pics..although the next ones will be a little more creative, hopefully! ;)

2 comments:

  1. your hair looks so cute Nicole! :) so excited for you ! I bet you cant wait until valentines day ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am dying for it to be february lol, Kyle thinks its a boy and I am dying for a girl so I think we will fight until that day comes :)

    ReplyDelete